Crash on ipad

JochenHartmann
JochenHartmann
Community Member

Hi 1Password Team
The app is crashing constantly on both iPads. iPad Pro and Air running on IOS 16.2 with app version 8.9.7. Reinstalled on both without improvement. It’s even worse on the Air. No issues with iPhone!
Please help!
Jochen

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Crash on ipad

Comments

• JochenHartmann
    JochenHartmann
    Community Member

Crashes on iPad

• minwedar
    minwedar
    Community Member

I just installed the latest 1Password with 1Password7 still installed and I’m seeing the crash after attempting to log into the new 1Password app. It did this with out without face id. I then changed back the “allow filling from” under the password section in the iOS setting back to the older 1Password7 app instead of the new one (which I changed when I installed the new one) and I can log into the newer 1Password app without it crashing after logging in. Face Id works but I’m guessing it will auto fill from the old installed 1password 7 app. I was going to leave it installed until I made sure I like the newer one better but maybe this is what is causing the crash.

• bfeltovi
    bfeltovi
    Community Member

Brand new to this app and having the same issue. iPad crashes instantly whether using touchID or password. Extremely frustrating. Not a great intro to a security-focused app. Deleting app, re-installing. Fingers crossed. iPad Air - 4th gen, running 16.3.

• bfeltovi
    bfeltovi
    Community Member

Deleted app and re-installed. Logged on with password, not TouchID, and app opens without crashing. Maybe TouchID is the culprit?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2023

@JochenHartmann

Please continue the discussion from the support ticket / diagnostic report that you emailed into my colleagues previously. There is limited help available here because I cannot access diagnostic reports. This is for your privacy. You said you removed and reinstated the app. Email support would need to look at the logs. Deleting and reinstalling has helped everyone else. This would seem to be something specific to you. We look forward to you continuing the conversation via email.

--

If you've heard from them and this is an old message please post back. Thanks a bunch.

• JochenHartmann
    JochenHartmann
    Community Member

I emailed the log file to the support team.

• Thanks @JochenHartmann I appreciate you doing that.

• Time2sail
    Time2sail
    Community Member

Hello 1Password. I am also having the same issue. I am using an iPad mini running iOS 16.3 and 1Password for iOS 8.9.7. It frequently crashes when trying to log in using the app. I have deleted the app from iPad and reinstalled but the issue persists.

• Time2sail
    Time2sail
    Community Member

Additional: I’ve also noticed that opening Watchtower causes it to crash, as well.

• @Time2sail

Using Watchtower is the only known crasher I am aware of on the iPad. My suggestion is not to use the feature on the iPad until we can get another release into your hands. If you have another device you should be able to use the feature there without fail. My apologies, we're working to get an updated release into your hands as soon as possible. Typically, folks have reinstalled to rid themselves of the crash just as you did.

• Time2sail
    Time2sail
    Community Member

Ok, I will wait for a fix to come out and thank you for your reply.

• 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.