Sync not possible - SyncFailed(GetAuth(500))

Shamshiel
Shamshiel
Community Member

Hello,

since a couple of days ago my 1password application on my Linux machine isn't able to sync anymore.

I checked the log files and when I try to "reconnect" the following error is written in the log file:

ERROR 2023-01-16T08:08:07.790 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(27)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/synchro.rs:55] Failed to sync account 1. Error: SyncFailed(GetAuth(500))

I'm connected to the internet via a VPN but turning that off doesn't fix the issue.

Does this error indicate that a 500 error response is returned when authentication is requested?

Any ideas what I can do to fix this issue?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: EndeavourOS (6.0.11-arch1-1)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• justausername
    justausername
    Community Member

Also getting this on my Mac

ERROR 2023-01-15T23:15:46.701 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(4)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/synchro.rs:55] Failed to sync account 1. Error: SyncFailed(GetAuth(500))

1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)

• Shamshiel
    Shamshiel
    Community Member

The error seems to have resolved itself. Probably was an issue on the server side?

• Hi folks, we had a brief outage that lasted approximately 40 minutes and would explain the sync issue you've experienced. This has now been resolved: https://1password.statuspage.io/incidents/k1trw5gnh7ct

@Shamshiel you mentioned you had this issue for a couple of days, I'm glad to hear it's resolved now but it's possible you had a separate issue unrelated to this outage as well so let us know if it reoccurs.

Ali

• smgt
    smgt
    Community Member

I had this error the 16th also, then it disappeared. But today, the 17th it has returned again.

(timezone is Europe/Stockholm)

• Hi @smgt, thanks for reaching out. We did have another brief outage at the indicated time.

Our team has some working theories as to what caused these outages, once we're confident this issue will not happen again we'll share more information about what happened and what we did to restore services.

Ali

• smgt
    smgt
    Community Member

1 min after I wrote this comment I saw that the 1password status page was updated with information about the problem. :D

• 😄I'm glad to hear you were able to find the information you were looking for on our status page.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.