Watchtower wrongly says reused password

Options
BugsysDad
BugsysDad
Community Member

Watchtower says "this password is used for more than one of your items." Not true. I have changed the password twice within 5 minutes, using the pw generator, and still same thing.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hello @BugsysDad! 👋

I'm sorry that Watchtower isn't updating correctly. Can you completely close 1Password and then re-open it to see if that gets things updated:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the menubar.
    2. Click Quit.
    3. Open the Applications folder on your Mac.
    4. Double-click on 1Password.

If you still see the incorrect notification in Watchtower then can you enter the password into the search field in the 1Password 8 app and then press Command-Enter. How many items are returned by the search?

-Dave

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave. Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have restarted 1Password many times, and also have searched for the password in question in 1Password. The result only returns the one item.

• @BugsysDad

Thank you for the reply. To investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave. Seems this issue has resolved itself on it's own. I do not see this password reused listing any longer. Thank you so much for your help anyway!!!

• @BugsysDad

I'm happy to hear that the issue fixed itself. If you do see it appear again then don't hesitate to send an email to the team so that we can investigate further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.