Power of 1Password Families : for each family member

StubSoft
StubSoft
Community Member

I am Doing a trial on 1Password Families -- and from my web searching a couple unanswered questions::

1. Do all members have individual support from the watchtower security part of 1Password for their respective individual vaults?
    AND
  2. Can any family member import to their personal vault account information from LastPass --- example 3 members have individual LastPass accounts?

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:do 1password family members have access to watchtower capabilities

Comments

• Hello @StubSoft! 👋

Welcome! With 1Password Families each family member gets their own account with their own Private vault. No family member can see into another family member's Private vault.

Do all members have individual support from the watchtower security part of 1Password for their respective individual vaults?

Yes, each family member will be able to access Watchtower. Watchtower will take into account a family member's Private vault and any shared vaults that they have access to. You can learn more here: Use Watchtower to find passwords you need to change

Can any family member import to their personal vault account information from LastPass --- example 3 members have individual LastPass accounts?

Absolutely! We have a guide on importing data from LastPass here: Move your data from LastPass to 1Password

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave

• StubSoftware
    StubSoftware
    Community Member

Perfect responses to my questions -- THANKS !

• @StubSoftware

I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

• rdauben
    rdauben
    Community Member

This issue cleared up most of my questions, but additionally...

Can family members each create their own additional vaults and share with another family member? I want to add my son and his wife, and son wants to share some items with his wife, and visa-versa. But neither I nor my wife should have access to their shared items.

• @rdauben

Family members can create vaults for their own use, and can share those vaults with other family members, but remember that Family Organizers have "go anywhere, do anything" privileges, so could (deliberately) grant themselves access to any shared vault to see its contents, so it's a trust-and-honour system for additional vaults. That said, Family Organizers won't have access by default – they would have to specifically add themselves to that shared vault, and the users of that vault would be able to see that this had happened.

ℹ️ Please note that despite this privilege, Family Organizers cannot grant themselves access to Private vaults.

If there's a concern that this might happen, I'd suggest the family members in question share those items with a link instead: Securely share 1Password items with anyone

• rdauben
    rdauben
    Community Member

That really helps my understanding. And I also like the suggestion for sharing individual items with a specific link.

Thanks!
    Ron

• @rdauben

Glad that was helpful! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.