What happened to the ability to view existing passwords on V8?

Lynda
Lynda
Community Member

I'm trying to use an old MacBook and I need to be able to view the existing passwords to try to get into the system. I can no longer go to my 1Password on my iOS (or my Mac) and review all possible combinations. This makes this app totally useless in my opinion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to view existing password on either iOS or MacOS. All it will do is copy the password.

Comments

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

iOS 16.2, Mac OS 13.1, Safari

• @lynda

Mac: Look at the 🔽 at the end of the password field, click it and then reveal.

iOS: Long press on the password field and select reveal from the pop up.

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

Thank you so much. It was hard to believe the ability to see it had been deleted. Hopefully I can get back into my old laptop.

• @Lynda

I'm happy that Tommy was able to help. Let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

Thanks. I should have looked at the update information for V.8, but I was a bit stressed at the time trying to get that old unit working and skipped the step.

• @Lynda

Totally understandable and I would've been the same in your situation, so no worries there! We're only one message away if you need help or have any questions about using 1Password :)

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

Thanks to everyone who helped me. Here's to a new year that improves everything,

• @Lynda

It's our pleasure. Happy New Year to you as well. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.