Service Accounts as the connect server integration cant write.

Hi,

Is there any news on a release date for Service Accounts? I can see on earlier posts that there has been a beta during the summer of 2022. I was very disappointed to find out that the Connect server doesn't allow any write commands, even though the access is given and shows on the integration. Therefor I need a service account to automate, and having to create that as a normal user is very tedious.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Pelitkm:

Thanks for your interest in 1Password Service Accounts. While I don't have any specific timelines to share, if you have an account manager, reaching out to them to express your interest would be best.

As for making changes to items in your 1Password account using 1Password Connect Server, while 1Password CLI isn't capable of making changes, it's possible to use API endpoints available on your Connect server to create, edit, or delete items.

1Password Connect Server API reference

Let me know if that helps!

Jack

• Pelitkm
    Pelitkm
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Re-coding all my code to API calls is rather extensive work. I've created my own "Service account" and just have to deal with the issues the 2-factor can cause. As i've done that, i run into problems automating my script with JAMS. It doesnt seem to process the "op item create" command, it runs it and just waits forever without actually creating it. doing "--debug" only tells me one thing, and that is this :
    "11:51AM | DEBUG | Skipped loading desktop app settings file. The desktop app might not be installed: read file: CreateFile C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\1Password\settings\settings.json: The system cannot find the path specified.".... Is there any way to get more log on what is going on? We cant seem to get the 1password op to work with JAMS, it just gets stuck on input or something, never fails and never runs the given command.

Hope you can help

• Hi @Pelitkm:

Would you be able to share some more details around how you're trying to execute op item create? If you'd prefer to share it in private, you can email us at support+forum@1password.com. Include a link to this thread, and your username and we'll take a closer look!

Jack

• Pelitkm
    Pelitkm
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I ended up rewriting my entire code to api calls rather than CLI, as I wanted to close the assignment, and I figured the response/help from 1P would be rather slow.

Tomas

• Heey @Pelitkm,

Sorry to hear that our response is not as fast as you'd like. We're continuously improving on getting better at this.

In the meantime, if you want to have a better interaction with the team (especially when experimenting new features), feel free to join the 1Password Developer Slack.

This discussion has been closed.