Turing off Autolock in Chrome extension on Windows 10

Options
LouP
LouP
Community Member

On Windows 10 I have installed the Chrome extension and turned off "Automatically unlock 1Password" in the extension settings but every time I start a new Chrome session 1Password is locked. In my 1Password profile I have set the lock option to 300 minutes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Loup,

Thanks for writing in.

You mentioned

On Windows 10 I have installed the Chrome extension and turned off "Automatically unlock 1Password" in the extension settings but every time I start a new Chrome session 1Password is locked.

This is actually working as it's intended. 1Password will automatically lock if the browser is quit, regardless of the auto lock settings.

This is referenced in this guide on how to Manage auto-lock in the 1Password extension.

If you would like 1Password in the browser to remain unlocked after closing the browser, one way of achieving this is to Integrate with the 1Password desktop app.

If you have the 1Password 8 desktop installed, integrating 1Password in the browser with the 1Password 8 desktop app will allow you to control the lock settings solely within the 1Password 8 desktop app. This means 1Password in the browser will remain unlocked if you close the browser.

If you have not installed 1Password 8 for Windows, I have included the link below for it, when your ready to do so:

Below I have an example of these settings in action. The GIF below shows the browser being closed and reopened and the 1Password in the browser remaining unlocked, with app integration enabled.

When the app integration is disabled 1Password in the browser locks automatically when the browser is closed:

To integrate auto lock settings between 1Password desktop app and 1Password in the browser:

1. Open your browser as you usually do.
    2. Unlock 1Password by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar (or press ctrl + shift + x). Enter your password at this point if necessary.
    3. Right click on the 1Password icon, then choose Settings.
    4. Turn on Integrate with 1Password app.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jermaine

• LouP
    LouP
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much - that worked just as you said it would!

• Hi @LouP, on behalf of my colleague Jermaine, you're very welcome! Thanks for letting us know that all is working well. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach back out.

This discussion has been closed.