To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

iPW8 Search - No longer able to filter items?

I've been a 1Password user on the mac for many, many years at this point, and I'm currently a subscriber to your 1Password cloud features. I just recently upgraded to 1Password 8 on my new machines and was perfectly content with the old version. It seems that one of the changes in iPW8 is the search paradigm: previously as you entered text it would refine the results in the currently selected view/vault, which was useful for finding items. Now, it spawns a popover that only has a few suggestions in it and when you click one it takes to that item and the rest are discarded? Is there no longer an option to actively filter items via the search as you type? If not, I plan on going back to the old version.

Thank you

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4 & Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search

Comments

• Hi @NewVersionIsBad

It sounds like you might want to use the Find feature instead to do what you're looking for. It will filter the current view based on what you enter. You can find it from the Edit menu on a Mac, or you can press ⌥⌘F (Option–Command–F) on a Mac, or Ctrl + Alt + F on a Windows PC.

Then, as you type in the Find box, your results will be filtered as you type, like in this example:

Similarly, if you do use Search, you can press ⌘↩ (Command–Return) on a Mac, or Ctrl + Enter on a Windows PC, to show all matching results, rather than the highlighted one.

Give those things a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

— Grey

• NewVersionIsBad
    NewVersionIsBad
    Community Member

Hi Grey,

Sorry for the long delay in my reply. I've been sticking with the older version. I downloaded 1PW8 again today to try this out, and unfortunately it doesn't work for me because I can't seem to change how the results are sorted (for example sorting by most recently modified is my usual approach) in this "Find" mode. Is changing the sort order possible?

Thank you for your help, and I'll be sure to be much more active in checking for your responses.

• @NewVersionIsBad

You're welcome! And yes, when you use Find, the sort order will be maintained. You can change the sort order by clicking the options at the top of the item list before you search:

Then, when you use Find, the same order will be used, like this:

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.