Change category of secure note

Options
ctry
ctry
Community Member

I have a bunch of software licenses imported from Bitwarden. These have all the right data, but don’t show up in the software licenses sidebar menu because they weren’t created using 1Password’s license template. At this point the only way to categorize them there is to create a new note with the right template for each one and copy the data over. We need the ability to simply change which category a note is associated with after the fact. This would make moving from other password managers much easier, since the original template type is not something that other managers export, meaning everything gets thrown together under Secure Notes

Comments

• Hello @ctry! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I agree that being able to convert items from one category to another would be useful and I've passed along your feedback to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-716

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    Options

OMG -- this would be REALLY helpful. I just upgraded to 1PW 8 and cleaned-up a lot of dupes, etc, but now I find that I created a lot of items that were never categorized. To go back and do that now would be a major PITA. I can't believe it isn't possible to move items from one category to another. This ability would be much appreciated.

• @Lorraine_

Thank you for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• SeaMonster
    SeaMonster
    Community Member
    Options

another vote for this. I recently migrated from one of your competitors and now I have a LOT of Secure Notes. I'd like to migrate many/most of them to 1pw's categories. I understand that 1pw can't possibly auto-fill all (any?) of the category's fields. But to help me migrate, it would be fine to just leave most fields blank and stick all the notes in the notes field. Then I can move them to the specific category fields on an as-needed basis. It should be easy to let me change a Secure Note to a Passport and simply put my Secure Note text into the Passport's Notes field.

• @SeaMonster

Thank you for the detailed suggestion. I can definitely see how being able to convert all of those Secure Notes to other Categories would be useful and I've passed along your request to our product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30998510

This discussion has been closed.