recreate Starters Kit

YeroonL
YeroonL
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Business and Teams

I accidentally deleted my Starters Kit. (i still have my emergency kit available, so i'm not locked out)

Now i want to recreate my starters kit. It tried to do that manually. But its not the same for the secret Key. (i entered that in a password field and renamed that to 'Secret Key'

It seems 1Password uses some hidden secret key field in the original starterskit to log me in the web-environment of 1Password the first time.
But that functionality is now broken.

the field for the secret key is now left blank when entering 'https://companyname..1password.eu/signin'

how can i fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @YeroonL,

Great question! There are two ways you may be able to fix this.

1. Depending on your permissions, you may be able to restore the deleted starter kit item. The process for doing this is explained in our View and restore previous versions of items in your team support article.
    2. 1Password can remember the fields that are filled in when you save or update a login item in your web browser. Here's the steps you can take. Visit the Sign in page for your team. Fill in the form, including your Secret Key. When the form is fully complete, click the "Save in 1Password" button that appears in any of the login fields. It should appear as soon as you manually enter new data like the Secret Key. Pick the option to update an existing item and select the new starter kit item you are creating. The next time you visit the sign in form, 1Password should fill all three fields for you.

More information and a screenshot about step two can be found in our Get started with 1Password in your browser article.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.

• YeroonL
    YeroonL
    Community Member
    1. i think the problem here is that i completely deleted the Starter Kit entry containing the secret key. i can't find it in deleted items anymore. So there exists no object that i can restore a previous version from. I can't find a starter kit item containing a secret key also not in the deleted items.
    2. When i fill in the 1 password signin page it doesn't give me the option to save anything. So that option to recreate is also not working.
  • Hi @YeroonL,

Thanks for providing those details. To ensure we're able to investigate and work with you privately, I've moved this discussion to email so we can help investigate further. You should see an email with a notification in your inbox. 👍

For now, I'll go ahead and close this thread so we don't duplicate efforts.

This discussion has been closed.