Mac mouse locked

Options
FRA
FRA
Community Member

My friend and I have both moved from LastPass to 1Password over the past week. My transition (MacBook Pro 2021) was relatively painless, my friend has hit problems (iMac 24" M1 chip).
Her mouse is completely locked up and there seem to be links with 1PW 7 (she has also updated to iPW8 but it sounds as if the 7 version has not gone to a zip file). I have suggested all the usual stuff like rebooting (also with command control PR) with no luck. Since she cannot select anything in any menu we are sort of stuck.
We live in the remote French countryside so no techie help to hand. I am going across tomorrow with my Mac and wondered if I tethered hers and manually put 1PW7 in the bin that might unblock things. What do you think?
Any other suggestions very welcome!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1.
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Mac mouse locked

Comments

• Hello @FRA! 👋

I'm sorry that your friend's mouse isn't working. Can you clarify a little further as to why you think that 1Password is involved with the issue? If you force quit 1Password then does the issue continue: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

If your friend boots her Mac into Safe Mode then does the mouse work there? You can find safe mode instructions here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support (CA)

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• FRA
    FRA
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave
    Thank you so much for this prompt and sympathetic response. More evidence that the 1Password team is VERY user friendly and supportive.
    My friend said she had just finished installing 1PW 8, went out (without shutting down her Mac), and when she came back the mouse was not functioning. When she rebooted there was a system message that 1Password items had been added in the background.
    Circumstantial evidence, I know, but everything was working perfectly until she installed 1Password 8.
    Good point about Safe Mode, which I should have thought of checking. I am trying to contact her to talk her through doing this and will keep you posted.

• @FRA

Thank you for the reply. Let me know the result of force quitting 1Password 8, and trying Safe Mode, and then we can continue from there.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• FRA
    FRA
    Community Member
    Options

Force quitting and safe mode did not work, but I went over with a mouse with a cable and that worked! One could argue that this was simply a Mac mouse glitch, but so odd that it happened immediately after installing 1PW 8.
    At any rate, problem over (fingers crossed) and many thanks for the 1PW team support

• @FRA

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get things working. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help with. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.