1Password 7 and 8 on iphone - delete app query

Options
thierryseal
thierryseal
Community Member

Hi, I updated to 1Password 8 some time ago. This however gives me two apps v7 and v8. If I go to delete one of these apps it states all your data will be deleted. I cannot afford this to happen so what is the correct procedure when you need to delete one of the apps. Many thanks for your time.

1Password Version: 7.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 16.1.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @thierryseal! 👋

Once you confirm that all of your items are in 1Password 8, and you don't see a "Primary" standalone vault in the older app, then you can safely remove 1Password 7 from your device.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• thierryseal
    thierryseal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Many thanks for your reply. I am unable to confirm whether all items are in 1Password 8. I can see my main vault has 403 items in 1Password7 very easily. I have no idea where this information is in v8 unless you could please advise.

In 1Password7 I can see there are 4 Vaults none are called Primary - is this what you were referring too?

Many thanks.

• @thierryseal

You can see the number of items in 1Password 8 by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8 on your iPhone.
    2. Tap on the Item button at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Tap on the vault that you'd like to check.
    4. Tap on the sort button in the top right corner.

This will bring up a menu which includes the number of items in your vault.

-Dave

• thierryseal
    thierryseal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Great, thank you. I can confirm all my items as far as number of items are all in 1Password8. So, as a really are you sure moment. If I do not see a vault in 1Password7 called Primary I can delete the old app. Is this correct?

• @thierryseal

As long as you can see all of your items in 1Password 8, and you don't see a "Primary" vault in 1Password 7, it's okay to remove the old app. 🙂

-Dave

• thierryseal
    thierryseal
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave, All now done.

• @thierryseal

I'm happy to hear that you're up and running now. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.