Cannot get "Sign in with Google" option to work

Options

I keep being told that if I sign into a site using my Google login, 1Password will "remember my choice and sign me in seamlessly with Google next time". However, I cannot get this to work, or at least there's no visible signs that it has worked or will work. Is there something else I need to do, like toggle some setting on or whatever. 1Password and the browser have been updated as I keep all these things up to date at all times, so I'm a little puzzled.

It's an option that would be of great benefit as at present I have to set no password and add a note saying "sign in with Google", which is fine but this new option would be better, I think. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1 for Safari
OS Version: MacOS 12.6 Monterey
Browser:_ Safari v16.0

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @alexmidd could you let me know what specific website you're trying to save your Google login for? I can check on the website and help from there.

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Joy_1P. Yes, it's the Trip Advisor website, so tripadvisor.co.uk.

I get a box that invites me to use Google to login, and if I click "Continue" it comes up with a selector to pick the account the use to login with (I haven't shown that for security reasons).

Thanks

Alex

• Hey @alexmidd,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The pop up you see on the TripAdvisor website is indeed from TripAdvisor, not 1Password.

That being said, can you confirm are you using Safari? If so, I'm afraid our 'Sign in with' feature is not yet available in 1Password for Safari. We are planning to release an update soon.

In the meantime, you can use the 'Sign in with' feature in any of our other supported browsers.

Sorry for the trouble, let us know if you have any questions!

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, that’s a pain that it’s not working in Safari. I will just have to try and remember to use Chrome when I need to use that feature.

Thanks for the information.

Alex

• Thanks for understanding @alexmidd.

I agree, thank you for your patience we hope to have an update soon!

• panozfan
    panozfan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @alexmidd for the explanation. Perhaps I didn't notice but it will be a great help if it is mentioned on the page from your link above that the 1P Google login is not yet supported in Safari. Looking forward to that feature :-)

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, what page and what link?

• Thanks for your feedback @panozfan, let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.