Feature Request: Descriptor Field

Goggalor
Goggalor
Community Member

I have a lot of logins for the same service(s) and I also use randomized emails for all those services so it's hard to remember which randomized email is the right one when glancing in the list view, so what I've had to resort to is adding my own descriptors in the title in the form of "Service (My Descriptor)" which doesn't work very well when they get truncated in smaller windows and it's overall much messier to look at.

My proposal is to add a descriptor field to 1Password forms which would take precedence in all list views over the email or username. This would help keep service names clean, but in list views I can know exactly which login I want. The username and/or email would still be there under there hood, but to me the user, the descriptor field would eliminate any guessing or selection errors.

I'm new here, so is this right place to make feature requests? or is there a better place?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:feature request

Comments

• Goggalor
    Goggalor
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Example below... if I could move the descriptors in parenthesis to a descriptor field underneath the service name, it would make for a much better user experience

And this could be a totally optional field, if nothing was entered in it, it would use the default username or email like it does now

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2023

@Goggalor

It's all good; I've got your request passed over to the team. Thank you for sharing.

ref: PB-30206060

• Goggalor
    Goggalor
    Community Member

Thank you!

• @Goggalor

Thank you again for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• Goggalor
    Goggalor
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Thanks @ag_tommy and @Dave_1P, to better illustrate the issue and proposed solution, I threw together a digram (which I should have done in the first place :)

As a point of reference, Fastmail has been doing this for a long time with their Filters & Rules page... if you don't put a descriptor, you'll get really ugly/confusing/cryptic descriptions, but manually entering a description cleans up the UI and makes it easy to see what the filter does based on your description

• Thanks @Goggalor I've included your illustration for the team to review.

ref: PB-30206060

This discussion has been closed.