Same 2 items always show when Quick Access opens

sifutommy
sifutommy
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Linux

Basically title. Whenever I open quick access, the same 2 items show up even though I have not searched for anything yet. Other than that it seems to work ok, but even if I search for something else and then clear it, the same 2 items come back. Is there some state I need to clear here? I also use 1PW on the Mac and this does not happen there.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint 20.3
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @sifutommy

Items are usually suggested if you're using an app mentioned in the Linked Apps section of the item. Have a look at the two items that are being suggested. If you see anything in Linked Items, click Edit, then ⛔︎ Remove the Linked Apps shown.

If not, check to see if they share a common website, even if it's just the domain. If that website has anything to do with, for example, your window manager, you might expect to see those items.

Let me know what you find out and I'll be happy to help out. :)

— Grey

• sifutommy
    sifutommy
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Thanks for the response. For the record, these are Slack logins and I am running Slack on the box. But I'm not sure how the linkage is being made, as there are no "Linked Items" for either login, only a website of the the form "https://<community>.slack.com".

I've also noticed that on Linux these always appear even if I don't have Slack in the foreground.

• Hey @sifutommy, the Slack URL would be enough to result in Quick Access suggesting Slack while it's running (even in the background). As a test, if you close Slack completely, do you still see those logins suggested?

Ali

This discussion has been closed.