I am just wondering if anyone can help me with duplicates I created when importing LastPass files?

ClaireF
ClaireF
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Families

I am looking for help in setting up 1Password. Right now I have imported my LastPass data twice. I did send an inquiry within the first day or so and did get an answer from Trevor yesterday after waiting several days. Unfortunately his instructions didn't work or were not clear enough. So I still am unable to remove duplicates without clicking on each item (over 100), clicking the Edit tab, and then archiving or deleting. Without support, the 14 day trial expires before you can really see if the system will work for you. I'm sure everyone is very busy but you can't, with confidence, take a out a subscription if you can't get support to test out the software. Is anyone available to help?

1Password Version: Trial
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:I am just wondering if anyone can help me with duplicates I created when importing LastPass files?

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023

Hello @ClaireF! 👋

I'm sorry again for the delay, with the recent inflow of new customers our team isn't able to respond as quickly as we would like but we're slowly improving the situation in order to get back to normal. I recommend that you continue to work with the team over email. If we work on the same issue both here on the forums and over email then confusion will occur as you might receive contradictory responses from both places.

I did want to mention that, in the future, I would try to avoid sending multiple emails without a response from us, if possible. We work from oldest to newest, so every additional email you send essentially pushes you to the back of the queue, resulting in further delays. We don't want you waiting any longer than you have to.

I've pinged my colleagues over on the concierge team to ask them to send you a reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 🙂

-Dave

ref: WWQ-97158-963

• ClaireF
    ClaireF
    Community Member

Thank you Dave. I appreciate your comments and understand your perspective re working with more than one team. Unfortunately the other team isn't responding, which is why I turned to the Community option, thinking it was a community of users who may be able to help me. I'm sure with the recent Last Pass breach, there is a lot of new activity. I hope to hear back from someone soon but I must say, one thing that has become obvious is that LP does have a far superior support network, breach aside. Working on the phone or chat makes it much easier to resolve an issue in one single interaction, rather than constant emails back and forth. That might help alleviate 1Password's volume of emails. Just a thought. Also, given the current situation, I wonder if it would make sense to extend the trial (perhaps temporarily) for a longer period so a person can actually get to try it out? For me, my trial is up on Friday and I still haven't received the help I need to even migrate my files. Thank you though for at least responding. I do appreciate that.

Claire

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

I suggest you download the desktop app if you don't have done this already and continue managing your items there. In it you can multi-select items and delete all selected. For your special case, I suggest you just select every item you imported, so both versions are gone. Then import again once. Should be faster than delete every other entry individually.

• @ClaireF

Thank you for the reply. Email lets us list detailed steps and share links to resources, providing a reference that can be saved for the future; for this reason, we don't offer phone or chat support.

I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums so I wouldn't be able to speak to extending your trial but I do see that my colleague replied and that progress is being made. One of my colleagues will send you another reply as soon as possible. I'm sorry again for the delays.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.