How to summon Quick Access from Apple Shortcuts, AppleScript or CLI?

Kentzo
Kentzo
Community Member
edited January 2023 in CLI

I have a logitech mouse with quite a few buttons, everyone of them can be assigned a custom "action" (pretty much anything).

I would love to be able to summon 1Ps Quick Access window using one of these buttons. Normally I would add an Apple Shortcut to do that, but I cannot figure out how to communicate this to 1P. The app is not available in Apple Shortcuts and Script Editor doesn't see API either. Is there a CLI command or a URL to bring this window upfront?

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Kentzo

If you're using Logi Options+, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to a mouse button. If you assign your "Show Quick Access" shortcut, which is usually ⇧⌘Space (Shift–Command–Space), to a mouse button, it would open (or close) Quick Access when you press it.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• Kentzo
    Kentzo
    Community Member

Yeah, that’s an option. Would be nice to have an option without involving the keyboard.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited January 2023

Hey @Kentzo:

Thanks for following up. At this time, your best bet would be binding your mouse action to the keyboard shortcut configured to show Quick Access. With that said, I've shared your feedback with the team internally. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: PB-30198593

• Hey @Kentzo:

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that there is actually a way to do this using the command line!

Executing /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password --quick-access will open Quick Access if 1Password is unlocked, or prompt to unlock 1Password and then open Quick Access if it isn't. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.