My secret recovery key does not work.

davisgl
davisgl
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

I have 1PW working on my MBP, iPad, and iPhone. I can open the app with my password and view all contents. When I switched from 1PW 7 to 1PW8, I created an emergency kit. The recovery key that was generated was printed and put away safely. Today I tried to log into my 1PW account where the secret key is required...it did not work! I therefore cannot gain access. What can I do to get into my 1PW account?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Mac OS13.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Recovery key not working

Comments

• Hello @davisgl! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing 1Password. Are you trying to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)? If you are then what error message are you receiving?

The following guide might also help: Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• scottypres
    scottypres
    Community Member

Having same exact problem and I never upgraded. Joined 1pass 2 weeks ago. Can’t login when copy and pasted secret key is required. Going back to last pass

• @scottypres

We'll be happy to help you with this. Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• scottypres
    scottypres
    Community Member

UXV-73592-233

• GreyM1P
    edited January 2023

@scottypres

Thanks! I can see your email conversation with our support team. They'll reply to you as soon as they can.

ref: UXV-73592-233

This discussion has been closed.