Problem with intercepting proxy?

Options
jdeluyck
jdeluyck
Community Member

Hi,

In our corporate environment we are using McAfee Endpoint security for mac, with their cloud gateway, which is a hook on macos that intercepts any and all HTTP(S) traffic.

The plugin in the browser / app works, but the cli doesn't work:

running: "op item get " returns

[ERROR] 2023/01/17 09:06:27 error initializing client: Authentication: (failed to auth.LookupAuth), Network: (failed to request.DoUnencrypted), Unknown: (502) (Unknown), An unknown error occurred.

Is there a log I can check to find out what is going on, why this fails?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOs 12.6.2
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• jgxvx
    jgxvx
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

I don't have an answer regarding logs, but there was an outage at 1Password I think around the time you reported this. I got the same error message as you.

I wonder why the CLI needs to call home just to retrieve a secret while the desktop app and browser extension work fine in offline mode.

> op items ls [ERROR] 2023/01/17 09:14:37 (502) Unknown: An unknown error occurred.

> op read --account=acme op://Private/foo/credential [ERROR] 2023/01/17 09:22:45 could not read secret op://Private/foo/credential: error initializing client: Authentication: (failed to auth.LookupAuth), Network: (failed to request.DoUnencrypted), Unknown: (502) (Unknown), An unknown error occurred.

• jdeluyck
    jdeluyck
    Community Member
    Options

Hah, you are correct. It works fine now. Thanks @jgxvx !

• paulpharr
    paulpharr
    Community Member
    Options

seems like our systems are once again affected by CLI login failures for about the past hour & ongoing for us

• Hi @paulpharr:

Have the issues persisted? As mentioned, we did experience a service interruption for 1Password.com earlier this week, that may have lined up with the time you posted. Let me know, and if you're still running into issues, I can take a closer look.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.