how to export FROM 1password in a readable format

Options
brucew01
brucew01
Community Member

after converting from lastpass to 1password i want to review what has been loaded by outputing to a file or printer. i am unable to find an export capability in either the 1password web site or 1password icon on the task bar. i have the current version. 2.5.1 and it was very difficult to find in 1password where the version number is hidden.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to export FROM 1password in a readable format

Comments

• brucew01
    brucew01
    Community Member
    Options

okay - this is beyond frustrating. I need to click on the 3 dots and use the export option. so far, only found the 3 dots in the task bar icon. but there is no export option. logging on to 1password.com from a chrome browser, i can't find any 3 dots. below is the screen shot from the task bar icon.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@brucew01

Use the Desktop app and you'll have:

• brucew01
    brucew01
    Community Member
    Options

thanks mrc -guess it was a confusion of terms on my part, maybe. I knew i needed to go to the chrome store to get the browser extension so the icon would appear in the task bar. when desktop app was mentioned, i thought maybe this meant use a web browser to 1password.com. I also tried to go to the Microsoft store to get the 1password app. what would have have made more sense to me was use the desktop EXE. My pc experience goes back almost 40 years. first there was DOS, then Windows 3.1. Programs were exe then and still are now.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@brucew01

The download location is here:

https://1password.com/downloads/windows/

• kata
    kata
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have this same issue but Chromebook. Does this mean I have no way to export since there is no desktop app for Chromebook? I have used the app on my phone happily but now need the data out.

• @kata

You can export your 1Password data from 1Password for Mac, Windows, or Linux.

If your Chromebook is new enough, you might be able to turn on its Linux container and install 1Password there so that you can export.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

• rjb039
    rjb039
    Community Member
    Options

Above image does not exist on my mac???

This discussion has been closed.