Long press to copy feature is missing in v8

Options
ayanamist
ayanamist
Community Member

I can use long press to copy in v7 but not in v8.
Is it a regression?
I love pinning feature in v8 so i don't want to rollback to v7.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:long press copy

Comments

• Hi there @ayanamist

If you single-tap on the Password field, you'll see options to Copy, Reveal, Show in Large Type, Pin to Home, and (if there are previous passwords for the item) View password history, like this:

So to Copy a field, tap it once, then tap Copy. :)

— Grey

• ayanamist
    ayanamist
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P I know it, but it's not as convenient as long press as i do in v7. When long pressing, i just focus on this field one time with fingers long pressing and quick switch back to the app needs fill in. However, in v8, i must focus on the field with one click, then wait menu pops up(useless animations), then find "Copy" menu item then click again, then switch back, which is much slower than operations in v7, and much more interrupting.

• Orado
    Orado
    Community Member
    Options

Agree on this, really miss that feature.

• BrendanR1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @ayanamist & @Orado

We currently have a feature request opened for this on our end. While I cannot guarantee if/when this functionality will be included in the 1Password 8 for Android app again as it was in the 1Password 7 for Android app, I've added your interest to the feature request.

I hope this helps. :)

-- Brendan

ref: IDEA-I-1552

• TurnedInside
    TurnedInside
    Community Member
    Options

Putting my two-cents' worth - removing the password copy on a long press is a serious step back. I reverted to v7 for a long while before coming back to v8, and I'm scoping out alternatives, such as Keeper, because this loss of functionality bothers me so much.

• Hi @TurnedInside, thanks for weighing in on this. I can certainly understand your interest in this feature and have shared the feedback with the team. As Brendan mentioned above, we can't guarantee features but this is something we're hoping to see changed in the not-so-distant future. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.