Categories question

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

I have the following categories displayed on the left. Of the 22 possible categories available, I thought 1Password was supposed to display here only the categories in which I actually have data? Of those displayed, I have data in all except "Emails", so why is "Emails" displayed?

1Password Version: 8.9.11 (80911019)
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @LarryMcJ,

I suspect this is related to a known bug where categories, once populated, persist throughout the app even after their contents have been deleted or archived. Would you happen to know if you ever had any items in the Email category before?

I'll add you to our tracker on the topic in the meantime, and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

ref: dev/core/core#13984

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, andrew.l_1P. Yes, I used to use that category, but since they were all Google addresses, I changed them to logins. 1Password does better with them as logins when using Google OAuth.

It’s not a bug in the iOS version. Would an uninstall/reinstall of the macOS version fix it? I don’t want to bother unless it’s a solution. Thanks, again!

• Excellent idea, @LarryMcJ! Just tested it myself and it did the trick. 🎉

I suspect it's the removal of local data more than the uninstallation itself, so if you're going to do the same make sure to follow those additional steps too: How to uninstall 1Password

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@andrew.l_1P – Any chance that just resetting 1Password on my Mac will fix this? (https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/)

• That works too, just confirmed locally. Good catch, @LarryMcJ!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for confirming!

• On behalf of Andrew, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.