To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

feature request-free basic account

1passquest
1passquest
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Memberships

like many i am leaving lastpass. i really like 1password, especilly the secret key.

however, all the other players offer at least a basic free version. when i used last pass, i found the free basic acount helpful, when i was working on projects with other people. they can have the free account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @1passquest! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! If you have a 1Password Families membership then you can invite others as guests to a shared vault as you work with them. Each 1Password Families membership includes 5 guests at no additional fee for either you or your guests. You can read more about guests here: Share with guests in 1Password Families

-Dave

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member

so 5 guests, with full accounts, but as many as you want to just share password with?

• @1passquest

A 1Password Families membership includes:

• 5 family members with their own fully functional account.
    • 5 guests that can only access one vault that you share with them. Guests don't have their own Private vault.
    • The ability to share items with anyone by using secure share links: Securely share 1Password items with anyone

-Dave

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member

okay , i now see that. is it possible for the guest account to last longer then 30 days. also is it possible for the guest account to have an activation period. for instance, in lastpass, i can give someone access with a delay (such s 2 weeks), and let then know only to access in emergency. if they access before that , i get a 2 week countdoen to remove access. (good for estate planning)

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023

@1passquest

Guests are not limited to 30 days, someone that you've invited as a guest will remain a guest until you manually remove them from your 1Password Families membership. Please see the following article: Share with guests in 1Password Families

-Dave

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member

so when i went onto my 1password, the longest it would allow a guest to share was 30 days. there was no option for longer or unlimited

• @1passquest

It's possible that you're seeing 30 days as a maximum when sharing an item by using a link, like this:

As Dave mentioned above, guests aren't limited by time, but only by access:

Guest accounts are ideal for sharing information with people on a limited basis. They don’t have their own private vaults and only have access to a single vault, which you choose.

— from Share with guests in 1Password Families

When you say "for guests to share", they should make sure that any items they wish to share with the rest of the family are placed in the Shared vault, and not shared by using a link.

Give that a try instead and let me know how you get on. We'll be here if you need any further help.

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member

thank you

• Let us know if you have other questions, we'll be here if you do. Welcome to the community. We hope you'll enjoy it here.

This discussion has been closed.