iPhone and iPad corruption

Options
purcellj
purcellj
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

This has now happened twice (now and in Nov 22) on an iPhone 13 and iPad. All latest iOS.

Not able to login using the iOS 1Password apps ... even after multiple Recovery attempts. Signing in via the web/safari works fine. Last time I needed to delete the apps and reboot the devices.

Now I can't get either app to work. Including app deletion and bouncing the device.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @purcellj! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adding your 1Password account to the 1Password app on your iPhone. Are you able to sign into 1Password.com using Safari on your iPhone and iPad (not a Mac)?

Is it possible that your account password has any special characters? Sometimes they can cause an issue on mobile devices: Should I use special characters in my 1Password account password? Please do not send me, or post, your account password.

-Dave

• purcellj
    purcellj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave
    The password includes a special character or two. On 2 occasions, the ipad and iphone were locked out but the website worked fine. I was able to get it working after deleting the app, bouncing the app, and re-installing the app.

I'd like to stop this from happening again.
    Thanks
    John

• @purcellj

Thank you for the reply. The team would like to dig deeper. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• purcellj
    purcellj
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,
    For both devices, I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. The problem isn't happening at this time. I'm unclear how a diag report would be valuable at this time. I would imagine the only thing you'll get is the iphone/ipad hw info and iOS versions.
    John

• @purcellj

Thank you for the reply. If the issue occurs again then please send in a diagnostics report using the instructions that I posted above so that we can investigate further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.