Newbie Question about Private Vaults for Team Members

I'm just starting out with 1Password and have a question regarding Teams accounts. When a member signs up to a Team do they get their own "Private" vault that they can store their own personal passwords in? Also, can a Team member make their own vaults that they can use for themselves?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @deandanis

When a member signs up to a Team do they get their own "Private" vault that they can store their own personal passwords in?

Yes, a Private vault will be created automatically for each team member. No-one except that team member can see its contents, or grant themselves permission to do so, not even an Admin.

Also, can a Team member make their own vaults that they can use for themselves?

They can, but they should be aware that an Admin could choose to grant themselves access to it. Only the Private vault, created by default, is immune from this.

I hope that answers your questions fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

• deandanis
    deandanis
    Community Member

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

• @deandanis

You're welcome! :) If you need it, there's some information about Business accounts in this category on the 1Password Support website:

Teams and Businesses – 1Password Support

Might be handy for reference if you need it. We'll be here to answer any questions you have though, so do please ask.

This discussion has been closed.