1Password7 keeps coming up

podisc
podisc
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

Why is it still asking me if I want to use version 7 when it’s not on my iPad anymore -only v8

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version:
OS Version: most current
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:Why is it still asking me if I want to use version 7 when it’s not on my iPad anymore

Comments

• podisc
    podisc
    Community Member

Sorry. It was showing all the versions and when I hit enter they all show not provided. iPad 5th gen, safari,

• @podisc

I don't follow you. My apologies. Could you let me know more about the trouble you encountered? Off-hand it sounds as if you may have been looking at your purchase history?

• podisc
    podisc
    Community Member

When I;m logging in to a site, the pop-up window gives me the option of apple password or 1Password 7. Why version 7? It’s not on my iPad anymore. Deleted it when I installed version 8

• @podisc

Thanks for giving that extra piece of information. From what you’ve described, it sounds like iOS' AutoFill feature might be getting confused here with what 1Password app you have installed. Could you try taking a look here to make sure it has been setup correctly?

1. Open the Settings app on your iPad.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords/Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select the entry in the list for 1Password 8 (it is listed simply as "1Password").

That should clear everything up for you. Let me know if you still see 1Password 7 after doing these steps and we'll take another look into this for you.

• podisc
    podisc
    Community Member

You are the best! Worked perfectly.
    Btw: is there any way to get rid of that middle column they made in v8? Would rather have a search bar above the category you click on the way it used to be? Was much better before.

• Hi @podisc

I'm glad to hear those steps helped! As for the middle column in 1Password 8 on iPad: This change makes the app more in-line with how you'd see 1Password on a Mac and that middle column can't be hidden. However, you can customize the sidebar in 1Password on your iPad to your liking, and can hide it to give more room for your items by tapping on the icon in the upper left of your screen: Use the sidebar in 1Password

• podisc
    podisc
    Community Member

Thank you!

• @podisc

I'm happy that Jac was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.