Can I save an image in 1Password and later retrieve that image without an internet connection?

spsheridan
spsheridan
Community Member

I created an entry in 1Password for my passport and included an image of the passport as an attached jpg file. However, it appears I can't retrieve that image when I don't have an internet connection. Is there a way to store that image locally in 1Password so I can retrieve it without an internet connection? If so, how do I do that?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 16.1.2
Browser:_ N/A
Referrer: forum-search:Save Image Locally?

Comments

• spsheridan
    spsheridan
    Community Member

Although I’d rather have all of my sensitive information in 1Password, I came up with a workaround to the issue of not being able to access files stored in 1Password offline. I created a password-protected note using Apple Notes. It works fine offline. I’d still be interested in a 1Password-only solution if anyone has a suggestion.

• Hello @spsheridan! 👋

At the moment, 1Password 8 for iOS doesn't support offline viewing of documents but the team is looking into this. I've added your notes to our internal tracking item for the issue so that our developers are aware. Hopefully this is something that will be added with a future update to 1Password. Thank you for the suggestion!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#14463

• photonlight
    photonlight
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I'd like to add to that also. My case most of the time with the documents is either a traveling or some government building for example. In the first case the internet is quite limited and not always present. For the buildings is the same, there is no always a wifi or a good connection.

also your site says :)

With a 1Password membership, you can access all your passwords and other items from any of your devices, whether you’re online or offline. Apps for Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux are all included.

• @photonlight

I definitely agree that this feature would be useful when traveling. I've passed along your feedback to the team.

-Dave

ref: PB-30520599

This discussion has been closed.