How can I get my password generator settings to apply to suggestions in the browser?

I'd like to easily rely on 1P to use my preferred password generator settings in the browser. Is this possible? Password generator setting for example https://shottr.cc/s/CVxH/SCR-20230120-ex4.png

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 13.1 (22C65)
Browser:_ Safari (and chrome + more)
Referrer: forum-search:generator

Comments

• Hey @zebdro,

If you access the password generator and choose your preferred settings you can use the toggle at the bottom that says 'Use as default for suggestions' .

I hope this helps!

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member

I have attempted this and the only screen I seem to be accessing is the one I provided the screenshot for. There is no preferred setting option available there. There are no preferences for the password generator in 1P prefs, where it seems like it would make sense to live. Can you provide a video or some directions with images to achieve what you suggested?

• Hey @zebdro,

You can access the Password Generator from 1Password in your browser not your 1Password app, here's how:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and sign in
    2. Click on the round settings menu next to the search bar and choose 'Password Generator'.
    3. You should then see the 'Use as default for suggestions' option I previously mentioned.

Let me know how you get on!

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member

I do not see the preference to adjust my pw generator settings in the browser. What am I missing?
    This seems unduly difficult to me as a customer, and support without images or video; only text without remarking on possible inconsistencies between the app and browser generator settings is not making it any easier.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member

These are the settings I want to apply globally

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member

Ah I think I just stumbled upon how to do it. Please provide video support in the future 🙏🏽

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

@zebdro - Thanks for the follow up here. 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion, but I'm glad to hear it sounds like you were able to work things out. As you likely noted, the password generator default settings from the 1Password app are separate from the browser extension. For the browser extension settings, I'll share a video for clarity:

Let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.