1P keeps coming to the foreground and interrupting work

IronStrikesIron
IronStrikesIron
Community Member

Hi all

I have an issue which is driving me out of my mind.

1Password comes to the fore/front whatever I am doing on my Mac. Typing an email - 1Password comes to the front so I can't keep typing. Editing photos - 1Password comes to the front and stops me. Writing in this forum - 1Password comes to the front and stops me.

I cannot work with the thing coming to the fore constantly. It's maddening.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy. No joy.

It didn't use to be this way. I'm using OS X 10.15.7. My hair has completely fallen out over this issue.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.9.9
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.7
Browser:_ All software

Comments

• Hey @IronStrikesIron šŸ‘‹:

I understand that the 1Password 8 for Mac app is consistently stealing focus from other apps. We'll need to take a closer look at how 1Password is currently set up on your Mac. Can you send us a diagnostics report from your Mac?

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Alvin

• fmantek
    fmantek
    Community Member

Was this ever solved? This started happening on my Mac today, after the latest update was installed?

• Hey @fmantek :

I apologize for the delayed response. Some users have reported that updating to version 8.9.9 or later helped resolve the issue. May I ask you to update to the latest nightly build to see if it helps? Here are the steps:

1. Open the 1Password 8 for Mac app.
    2. From the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences > Advanced.
    3. For 'Release Channel:', select 'Nightly'.
    4. Switch to the 'About' tab, and click 'Check for Updates'.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alvin

• Kentzo
    Kentzo
    Community Member

I'm having this issue with 1Password for Mac 8.9.12 (80912010).

It only happens for me when 1P8s lock screen window is displayed but is in background (other windows completely overlay it). I didn't figure out what exactly prompts it to get upfront and steal keyboard focus.

• @Kentzo

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the same issue. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Kentzo
    Kentzo
    Community Member

[#MEZ-83293-971]

• @Kentzo

I was able to locate your report. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: MEZ-83293-971

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Any update on this?

I have the same issue that @Kentzo reported. Currently on 8.9.13.

• @ondrejfuhrer

I'm sorry that you're affected by the same issue. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

-Dave

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hello @Dave_1P

Here it is: [#QZP-39681-976]

Btw: Since 1Password 8 it's not in zip format any more, you probably should update your response template šŸ™‚

• @ondrejfuhrer

A reply is on the way for your submission.

ref: QZP-39681-976

• verdurin
    verdurin
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same symptoms, also running version 8.9.13, on macOS 12.6.2.

• @verdurin

If you don't mind I'd like to ask you to try a set of instructions. If they don't help please email us a diagnostics report. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

--

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon and disable. Integrate with 1Password app. It's within the General tab.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock. 1Password should open locked. Unlock the app.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon and enable. Integrate with 1Password app.

--

If needed and the above it not fruitful create a diagnostics report from your device:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

• Your forum username: verdurin
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/672627/#Comment_672627

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

• verdurin
    verdurin
    Community Member

That appears to have worked for me, thanks.

• @verdurin

Great! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.