1password Chrome Extension v.2.5.2 Not Unlocking with Apple Watch

jj358mhz
jj358mhz
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I had to recently reinstall my 1password Chrome extension, and now I don't have the option to unlock it via my Apple Watch. The regular 1password app utilizes the Apple Watch unlock feature just fine - did something change?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)
Extension Version: 2.5.2
OS Version: 12.6.2
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jj358mhz! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't able to unlock 1Password in the browser using your Apple Watch. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• jj358mhz
    jj358mhz
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hi @Dave_1P , thanks for the quick reply. I ran through those steps and the issue still persists

Here is a screenshot of the extension GUI which does not show the watch icon

-jeff

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023

@jj358mhz

I'm sorry that the steps didn't help. Can you make sure that app integration is turned on for 1Password in the browser:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon and then click Settings.
    3. Make sure that "Integrate with 1Password app" is turned on.
    4. Then restart your Mac (please restart your Mac even if app integration was already turned on).

If Apple Watch unlock still doesn't work then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jj358mhz
    jj358mhz
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Sure, I will try.

I don't quite understand this 3. Make sure that "Integrate with 1Password app".

• @jj358mhz

I'm sorry for the typo, it should have said: "3. Make sure that "Integrate with 1Password app" is turned on." I've corrected it above.

-Dave

• jj358mhz
    jj358mhz
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@Dave_1P Support ID# VBT-41591-286

• @jj358mhz

It looks like my colleague Evon has replied. Let's keep the conversation going via email.

ref: VBT-41591-286

• charleskoehl
    charleskoehl
    Community Member

I just repeated all of the above on my brand-new Mac Studio M1 Max and still get the "screenshot of the extension GUI which does not show the watch icon" shown above.

• Mac Studio M1 Max
    • Mac OS 13.1
    • Apple Watch 7
    • 1Password for Mac 8.9.14
    • Two 1Password accounts logged into.
    • Two Google Chrome profiles, both with 1Password extension just removed and reinstalled.
  • charleskoehl
    charleskoehl
    Community Member

I set 1password as my default password manager in the extension settings it's finally "recognizing" that i've already logged into the Mac app.

• Hey @charleskoehl,

I'm sorry for the trouble, we've recently experienced an issue where 1Password was having a hard time connecting with the browser this has since been fixed in update 8.9.15. Can you let me know if things are now working for you as expected?

This discussion has been closed.