Use 1Password for standalone Windows applications

Options
frdfrd0507
frdfrd0507
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

I have a standalone windows application that has a user name and password, that is NOT in a browser. How do I use 1password for these type of apps

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not applicable
Referrer: forum-search:Use 1Password for standalone Windows applications

Comments

• Hello @frdfrd0507,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the 1Password Community!

You can use Quick Access to fill in apps to fill Windows apps.

Learn more about Quick Access

Additionally, from the item detail pane of 1Password 8 for Windows, you can drag and drop or right-click the credential fields to type in window.

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know!

• frdfrd0507
    frdfrd0507
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I will look into that.
    What about use Google autofill instead of 1Password. I would rather OPTIONALLY use 1Password, but it sopts me from using Google autofill when 1Passowrd is present. I do NOT want that! Thanks

• @frdfrd0507

It can be tricky to have two password managers "competing", so to speak. For that reason, we usually recommend that you turn off any other built-in password managers in your browser:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

However, if you want to keep using 1Password and Google's password manager at the same time, I'd offer this advice:

• be very careful what password manager you fill from, and save into
    • look at turning off 1Password's drop-down below forms (right-click 1Password in the browser toolbar > Settings > Turn "Show autofill menu on field focus" off)
    • or, if you leave 1Password's drop-down on, click the 1Password icon in the form field to show/hide it should you find that it's in the way

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

This discussion has been closed.