Favorites on iPhone and Apple Watch are not the same

Options
ChartFreak
ChartFreak
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Apple Watch

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and Apple Watch 5th generation.

In 1Password 8 on the phone I have 8 favorites.
In 1Password on the Apple Watch I have only 7.

3 are missing on the watch and 2 are other ones and one is there which I have not flagged as favorite.

What can I do to have the same favorites on the Watch as on the phone?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ChartFreak! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that you're seeing an incorrect number of favourites on your Apple Watch. Is it possible that you still have 1Password 7 installed on your iPhone and that you might be using the Apple Watch from the older app? Please open the Watch app on your iPhone and check to see whether 1Password 8 or 1Password 7 is enabled for the Apple Watch.

If that isn't the case then please try the following:

1. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
    3. Scroll down and tap on 1Password.
    4. Turn off "Show App on Apple Watch".
    5. Turn on "Show App on Apple Watch".
    6. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your iPhone.
    7. Open the 1Password app on your Apple Watch.

Do you now see the correct favourites? I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• ChartFreak
    ChartFreak
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx Dave,
    yes I left 1Password 7 on my iPhone to "go back" if 1Password 8 is not that what I want.
    On the Watch I uninstalled 1Password7 and installed 1Password and the ordering was wrong.

I now deleted 1Password7 from my iPhone, closed 1Password8 and moved it "up" to fully close and did steps 2-7 but no luck.

If I had your Emaiul I would send you the screenshots if you like.

• @ChartFreak

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• ChartFreak
    ChartFreak
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

I did what you want Dave_1P, including screenshots, but when created the diagnostic report it opens a mail and addressed it to "support@1password.com". After sending, I saw that it should be
    support+forum@1password.com.
    So please ask the colleagues from the support to forward the mail to 1pass+forum.
    Thanx.

• ChartFreak
    ChartFreak
    Community Member
    Options

Shame on me Dave, (doing IT for 40 years). I thought that the favorites automatically are shown in Apple watch, but I must add them manually (which I did some years ago when I bought the Apple watch). The support wrote me to look here:
    https://support.1password.com/apple-watch/?src=bitbot#get-help
    and it worked.

You can close this thread.

• @ChartFreak

Either address will work in getting your report to us. πŸ™‚ I'm happy to hear things are looking up. Enjoy the weekend. Closing this topic at your request.

This discussion has been closed.