Problems with Quick Access

robertworrall
robertworrall
Community Member

When I open Quick Access , search for a website and click on the item I want to open, the website successfully opens in a new browser tab, but the user ID and password fields don't autofill. It worked seamlessly in v7, but it's not working in 8. Any ideas? I've read all the support articles, but nothing is helping.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hi @robertworrall,

Sorry to hear autofilling form Quick Access isn't behaving as expected. Could I confirm you're seeing this across all items, or is it limited to certain websites? I'd also be curious to know if, after you've navigated to the site, does Universal Autofill work to fill your credentials? You can check the shortcut for this in 1Password 8's settings:

Let me know what you find and we'll determine our next steps from there. 🙂

• robertworrall
    robertworrall
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. It behaves the same across all the websites I've tried (~20 or so). When I get to the website, I have to reopen Quick Access and navigate to "Auto Fill" in order to get it to properly fill in the user names and passwords.

• Thanks for the additional details, @robertworrall, apologies for the delay.

If you're still experiencing this, I'd like to ask you to create a test item with https://fill.dev/form/login-simple as the website. Give that a try from Quick Access and let me know if you see better results. 🙂

• robertworrall
    robertworrall
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Thanks for checking in... I tried the site you provided .. same result. I created a login for that website, and when I click on it in Quick Access the website does open, but the user name and password don't automatically populate. I have to go back to Quick Access and scroll down, then choose Autofill in order for everything to populate.

• Hi @robertworrall,

Thanks for giving that a try and sharing your results (I removed a couple screenshots that contained personal info). I've got a couple follow up suggestions!

First, double check that both 1Password 8 and the 1Password browser extension are up to date:

If the issue persists, try removing and reinstalling the 1Password browser extension:

Give fill.dev another try afterwards and let me know what you find. If autofill still doesn't behave as expected, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report and console log from your Mac:

Attach these to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can link our conversations. Thanks for your patience, looking forward to hearing from you and finding a solution. 🙂

• robertworrall
    robertworrall
    Community Member

Thanks so much! I'm getting on a long-haul flight in a few min., but I'll try when I get home (this weekend) and let you know. Thanks again

• No rush at all. Safe travels! 😊

• robertworrall
    robertworrall
    Community Member

I tried all of the above (updates, reinstall etc.) and the issue persisted, so I created the diagnostics and logs you asked for. I sent them to the email address and received this case ID [#HEG-59987-195].
    The console log was interesting.. "Asked to open and fill but nobody's unlocked" ;-)

• Thanks @robertworrall, I can confirm we've received them. Someone on the team will take a look and send you a reply as soon as possible!

ref: HEG-59987-195

This discussion has been closed.