Will imported data from LastPass overwrite existing 1Password data for identical accounts?

Options
Lookn4TruNorth2
Lookn4TruNorth2
Community Member

Have new 1Password account after 14-day trial. I preliminarily set up random identical password accounts in 1Password as those existing in LastPass, but with updated User ID's and passwords. Now, I am ready to import all my LastPass data into 1Password. Will the imported User ID's and passwords from LastPass overwrite the existing 1Password data for identical, OR, will 1Password alert and allow me to select whether to "skip" or "keep" the importing data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:will imported LastPass data overwrite existing 1Password data for identical accounts?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Lookn4TruNorth2

All imported items are created as new entries.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

No import will ever overwrite anything. If you import identical items, you get duplicate items. If you import the same stuff 2 times by accident, you have 2 copies of every item. So it is always safe to import, but you need to take care to import exactly what you want, to avoid to manually clean up and deleting any duplicates.

There is no interactive way to import, where the importer would ask if you want to store or skip any item. It's just importing everything and you need to clean up afterwards.

• Lookn4TruNorth2
    Lookn4TruNorth2
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for the clarification. I'm good-to-go from here!

• Hi @Lookn4TruNorth2, I'm so pleased to hear that you're all good to go! If you run into any trouble along the way, or have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach back out! 😄

Thanks for the assist here @MrC and @Tertius3!

This discussion has been closed.