Watchtower often hang on my samsung galaxy 10

Options
fbrownnc
fbrownnc
Community Member

I'm noticing that Watchtower often hang on my Samsung galaxy s10 (yea, Santa didn't update me this year)- I've tried clearing cache, which works for a moment or two, then the hang returns. I've also tried deleted cache and data, and reinstalling the 1password app on my phone, but same hanging behavior.
When it hangs it says, "generating report" and never seems to progress.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android version 12
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower

Comments

• Hi @fbrownnc, thanks for writing in and letting us know about this issue.

I've done some testing and I believe I can reproduce something similar. When Watchtower hangs, if you tap the Home tab then tap the Watchtower tab again does it load the score and report?

ref: dev/core/core#19203

• fbrownnc
    fbrownnc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy,

Most of the time yes, but occasionally, when I click on another option such as search, or home and go back to watchtower, it shows "Generating report..." but never progresses. I've tried clearing cache, and now it is exhibiting the behavior you described (hangs, but then if you go to another screen and return to watchtower it displays)

• Thanks for the additional details @fbrownnc. I can see we have a report open with development to investigate and resolve this issue so hopefully we'll see a fix in the not-so-distant future! My apologies for any inconvinience.

• fbrownnc
    fbrownnc
    Community Member
    Options

Have been using beta build and watchtower continues to hang. Clicking on homepage and back to watchtower does not resolve the issue. Was hoping enough Android users reported similar behavior to address

• Hey @fbrownnc, thanks for reaching back out. I can see our development team is continuing to investigate and hopefully have an update for you soon! Our apologies once more for the delay.

This discussion has been closed.