Multiple Private Vaults per Family Member

calmasonh
calmasonh
Community Member

Please allow a way for creation of additional private vaults. Right now any family organizer can have access to every other family member's vaults. It's not unreasonable that someone might want to separate their private and work passwords, and not want their family to see all of them. Some kind of toggle for the vault options would be absolutely amazing.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.10 (80910026)
Extension Version: Version 2.5.0
OS Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.10 (80910026)
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Multiple Private Vaults per Family Member

Comments

• @calmasonh

Thanks for letting me know this matters. I'll gladly let the team know this interests you.

ref: IDEA-I-564

• Enceladus
    Enceladus
    Community Member

+1 for this request. I'm considering a Families plan right now, and I was disappointed to learn that this wasn't possible.

• @Enceladus

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

• bc8465
    bc8465
    Community Member

+1 for this request.

I'm also considering a families plan and was surprised and concerned to learn that the Family Organizer has the ability to access to all created vaults other than a users private vault.

• dzlater
    dzlater
    Community Member

+1.

• @bc8465 and @dzlater

Thank you for voicing your thoughts, I've passed along your feedback to the team. 🙂

-Dave

• whataguy
    whataguy
    Community Member

+1

• annatar
    annatar
    Community Member

+1, our family members wants to separate their personal and business related vaults without organizer’s reach

• whataguy
    whataguy
    Community Member

+1

• whataguy
    whataguy
    Community Member

I'm new so don't rely on this without testing it, but I "think" I was able to permit the creation of additional private vaults for family members by temporarily making him/her an Organizer (from my main Organizer account). Then the member can create private vaults in his/her own account. Once completed, make him/her a Member (not Organizer) again. It seems to work. Your mileage may vary. I would be interested in hearing your results on this if you try it.

This discussion has been closed.