Feature request: Delete all password option

Options
McJoppy
McJoppy
Community Member

I'm coming from "a recently compromised" product :)

I've been trialing a variety of options and tested importing from an export of the alternative product.

For various reasons (including clearing out trial accounts) I've found 1Password doesn't really have a nice way to delete all passwords.

During my initial trial (I've now settled on 1Password) I found there isn't a nice way to delete all passwords (no way through the browser at all?). Getting the passwords in to the archive was simple enough however permanently deleting over 600 entries wasn't possible.

I could select all entries however when deleting nothing happened - there was no feedback to any progress and I just sat there wondering if anything was happening.

What did work was selecting a group of around 20 passwords at a time and then deleting.

It'd be nice to have a (hidden?) nuke option to remove all passwords to either re-import or for piece of mind when starting again/ migrating.

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox 108.0.2

Comments

• Hi @McJoppy

You can do this in the 1Password app, which you can download and install here:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Choose an item, Select All, and right-click to Archive or Delete the items, like this:

On a Mac, press ⌘A (Command–A) to Select all, or on Windows or Linux, press Ctrl+A.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• McJoppy
    McJoppy
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - that will successfully move them, but then when trying to permanently delete passwords, I'm unable to do that through the app.

I'm have to permanently delete in chunks of eg. 20 - all 604 passwords would not delete through the app for me.

• Hi @McJoppy, thanks for your response! It sounds as if you might be running into a known issue at the moment, where nothing happens when attempting to delete more than 49 items from Recently Deleted at once. I've added your case to the issue on file, and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused here.

In the meantime, while I know it's not an ideal solution, permanently deleting items in batches of 49 or less at a time will be the best way to deal with this.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know!

ref: dev/core/core#17690

This discussion has been closed.