selecting "open and fill" adds extra text to end of URL when web page opens.

BEcrystal
BEcrystal
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

Using 1Password 8.9.13. I select "Open and Fill" on a website URL in a 1Password Login Item. When the web page opens up in MS Edge, there is extra random text at the end of the URL. On some web sites this is causing problems. Is the extra text coming from cookies? Is there a way to turn off the extra text and have the exact URL be entered into the web page?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:selecting "open and fill" adds extra text to end of URL

Comments

• BEcrystal
    BEcrystal
    Community Member

Issue solved, I just had to click on the down arrow and select "Open" instead of "Open and fill". The URL populates without additional characters at the end of the URL. The "Open and Fill" option never seemed to actually fill in the fields for me..

• Hi @BEcrystal, thanks for reaching out! The extra text added at the end of a URL when using Open & Fill is a reference from the 1Password desktop app, which tells the browser extension which credentials to fill into the page.

As you've mentioned that Open & Fill has never successfully filled in fields for you, is there any chance that you don't currently have 1Password for Edge installed? If you don't, I would recommend installing this and testing whether Open & Fill then works as intended:

Let us know how you get on!

• BEcrystal
    BEcrystal
    Community Member

Thanks for the browser extension suggestion. That worked! The website opened properly and filled in the login data using the open & fill option.

• Hi @BEcrystal! I'm so pleased to hear that all is working well with the extension installed. Thanks for letting me know 😄

This discussion has been closed.