Autofill in Chrome only works for logins, address, and credit card, but not my name or email.

I recently started using 1Password. Everything seems to work well except autofilling my name and email address in Chrome or Safari. When there is a name field, or two fields for first and last name 1Password will never recognize it. When there is an email address field, 1Password will recommend my username and email address forcing me to select which one each time.

I've been using this site to test autofill. https://rsolomakhin.github.io/autofill/

1Password for Mac 8.9.13. Chrome 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (x86_64). Chrome extension 2.5.2. Safari 16.2. 1Password for Sarari 2.5.1.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Chrome and Safari
Referrer: forum-search:autofill

Comments

• Hey @zcasper,

When it comes to Identity items 1Password will show the inline menu for your email address, street address or credit card but for other details such as your name you will need to fill this by clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar followed by the 'Autofill' button next to your identity item. The reason for this is because if we were to try and fill every field on the page 1Password would appear everywhere and become too intrusive so we leave it down to the user to decide to fill these fields.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any questions.

• zcasper
    zcasper
    Community Member

Ok, yes I can get my name filled in if I click the 1Password extension icon then autofill. Thanks for that.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for autofilling the name and address? I have tried the default cmd-\ shortcut but nothing every happens. On a website with a login stored, I can autofill using cmd-shift-space, but the name and address is not available that way.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @zcasper I'm afraid that there is not a keyboard shortcut to directly fill the name and address from an Identity. The best way to quickly fill the name and address from an Identity would be as follows:

1. Use a keyboard shortcut to open the extension popup in the browser. By default the keyboard shortcut for that is cmd+shift+x.
    2. Select your Identity with the up and down arrow keys.
    3. Click Enter to fill your information.

Here is a video of that: https://share.cleanshot.com/dFggvtpZ

Please note that I have a lot of logins for the test website in my video, so that's why it took a while to select the Identity. Typically there are just a couple of logins and then the Identity is displayed.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.