Autofill Shortcut only works if 1Password is running

trubane
trubane
Community Member

With recent versions - currently on 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040) - the ⌘-\ Autofill shortcut does not work unless the 1Password app is running. Before, the shortcut worked fine even if the app wasn't running. I have the "Start at login" option ticked in the General Settings.

Is there another setting I need to adjust?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited January 2023

Hi @trubane

You're right – ⌘\ is the keyboard shortcut for Universal Autofill which comes from 1Password itself directly, rather than from the browser extension (where the default is ⇧⌘X, or ⇧⌘. in Firefox).

If you're using Universal Autofill all the time, and not using 1Password in the browser, then you'll need to make sure that "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is checked in the General tab of 1Password's Settings.

That way, even if you quit 1Password with ⌘Q, the menu bar item will still be there and Universal Autofill will still be available.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• trubane
    trubane
    Community Member

Grey - thanks for clarifying. That makes sense. :)

• @trubane

I'm happy that Grey was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

• 1PWguy
    1PWguy
    Community Member

Is there not a way to keep Universal Autofill available without having the 1P icon in the menubar? The option to have the menubar icon visible should not be tied to Universal Autofill. I do not like having my menubar cluttered with needless icons.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023

@1PWguy

No, at this time there is not an ability to do this within 1Password. I would recommend something like Bartender. I use it myself to keep items out of my menu bar or in the case of 1Password, I have the others hidden leaving only 1Password and a few other choice apps visible.

This discussion has been closed.