Unlock 1Password with Pin

zkaps
zkaps
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

Using the Windows pin to unlock 1Password after it auto-locks in the same browser session has stopped working. I think this happened after I upgraded to version 1Password 8. In the settings "Unlock using Windows Hello" is checked.
How do I restore the capability to unlock 1Password using the pin ?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Win 10 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome, version 109.0.5414.75

Comments

• Hello @zkaps,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear you are having some troubles with using your Windows Hello PIN to unlock 1Password in the browser. This feature is connected to the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app.

Could you check the follow setting to ensure app integration is enabled:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Under the General heading, enable Integrate with 1Password app as needed.

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know. We'll be here for you.

• zkaps
    zkaps
    Community Member

I checked, "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled.

• Hi @zkaps, thanks for confirming! It sounds as if the desktop app and browser extension might be having some trouble communicating.

To investigate this further, I'd like to ask you for a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Attach this file in an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You'll receive an automated response from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• zkaps
    zkaps
    Community Member

Support ID: [#EPT-75647-292]

• Hi @zkaps, thanks for letting us know! We've received your email and will continue the conversation over there 😄

ref: EPT-75647-292

This discussion has been closed.