Using 1password vscode extension with the cli

Fabian9799
Fabian9799
Community Member

The Developer page for the VSCode extension says to use the CLI version 2.4.0 or later but when running op update I'm getting this as the response:

1Password command-line tool 2.12.0.

You're using the latest version.

And when going to https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/CLI2 the newest version also seems to be 2.12.0

the VSCode extension also gives me this error which mentions version 2.6.2 of the CLI

Error executing CLI command: Inject is not supported on Windows for version >=2.6.2 of the CLI.

Is there another version of the CLI I need to use since I can't find v2.4 (or 2.6.x) and if yes where can I find it?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 version 10.0.22621
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Fabian9799, thanks for your question. The error you're seeing is seeing is due to a change made in v2.6.2 of the CLI relating to how it handled piped input, which fixed a longstanding issue when using the CLI in scripts. As a result, though, it introduced a separate issue that impacts how the the extension uses the inject command, which we were able to address in macOS/Linus systems, but not Windows just yet. I don't have a timeline to share, but it's on the team's radar to get fixed. In the meantime, you could downgrade to a version below 2.6.2, but you might encounter issues with creating items via the extension. Apologies for the inconvenience, we hope to have it fixed soon!

• Fabian9799
    Fabian9799
    Community Member

I don't intend to create items via the extension so the downgrade works perfectly. I already tested it and it seems to work. Thanks for the help!

• Fernando Crespo
    Fernando Crespo
    Community Member

Any update on this?

• Hi @Fernando Crespo:

I don't have anything to share just yet, but as someone who uses the VS Code extension as well, I hope we'll be able to resolve this soon. Thanks for your patience on this.

Jack

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

Any update on this??

• Hi @prakharaug,

Unfortunately we don't have an update, we haven't found a reasonable solution that doesn't re-introduce the original issue. We are not giving up, and will update here when we figure it out!

Thanks,
    Amanda

This discussion has been closed.