Add a Group - Organize Co-Workers by Job

Fox3
Fox3
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Business and Teams

How do I add a group? My co-workers and I have different job titles and responsibilities. My boss wants me to divide up the staff into groups and give them access to certain vaults based upon their job descriptions. Setting up 3 or 4 groups and adding various co-workers to each group (and additional co-workers as they are hired) seems like a good solution.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10/11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:add group

Comments

• Hi @Fox3, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

The ability to create custom groups is a feature of 1Password Business. To create custom groups, you'll need to be in the Administrators or Owners groups in a team using 1Password Business).

If you're not seeing that option, it's likely you're in a team set up with 1Password Teams, and that feature isn't available. If so, you can rely on the built-in groups that come with every account:

Use the built-in groups in your team

You can then create vaults and share them with your coworkers on an individual basis. This way, each team member can be assigned access to the vaults they need individually.

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

• Fox3
    Fox3
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_max

I changed the "Team Members" group back to being more restrictive in permissions. I then added more lenient permissions on a per-user basis for certain staff members with more responsibility. All employees are members of "Team Members" and a few have been given additional permissions on a per user and per vault basis.

Ciao

• Happy to assist, and that's excellent to hear.

Do let our team know if we can be of any help in the future. 👍

This discussion has been closed.