Unlocking 1Password

mikealp
mikealp
Community Member

I recently migrated to 1P from LastPass and I am frustrated at the number of times I have to type in my password to unlock 1P. My HP PC camera is not compatible with Windows Hello. LP had the ability to unlock using MS Authenticator. Is there such an unlock possibility in 1P and if not can it be developed? Any other way to avoid typing my entire password to unlock 1P? Thanks.

Comments

• mikealp
    mikealp
    Community Member

I recently migrated to 1P from LastPass and I am frustrated at the number of times I have to type in my password to unlock 1P. My HP PC camera is not compatible with Windows Hello. LP had the ability to unlock using MS Authenticator. Is there such an unlock possibility in 1P and if not can it be developed? Any other way to avoid typing my entire password to unlock 1P? Thanks.

• Hi @mikealp, thanks for reaching out about this! Even without a compatible camera, you can still unlock 1Password using your Windows Hello PIN instead.

Additionally, as you've mentioned that 1Password is locking too often, I would recommend making sure that your auto-lock settings are set the way you'd like. If you're using the 1Password 8 desktop app alongside the extension, you'll be able to manage the auto-lock settings for both through the desktop app: Manage auto-lock in the 1Password apps

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.