To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

One-person team

Options
lewiseisen
lewiseisen
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Memberships

Hi... this is a feature/pricing request...

I'm started to use a new Virtual Assistant (VA) service, and they want us to join LastPass so that we can share our passwords with our assigned VA. They're promoting LastPass because their basic/free account allows a user to share a large number of passwords with single individual. That scenario is perfect for sole proprietors like me, who don't have a team, and would have at most one assistant.

I've been a long-time 1Password user... so I'm going to keep my account on this platform, and now I'm trying to decide what to do about a sharing account. I'd rather keep the entire system together, but the only option I see is a Teams or Families account, both of which are far more expensive than my current plan. I would certainly be happy to pay a little extra to open a single sharable account, but going to a full-blown Teams plan seems like overkill. It's almost double what I'm paying now.

Any chance you're planning on some intermediary plan, to handle businesses like me? It would be a pain to get a LastPass account just for the VA stuff, but since I'm only sharing about 5 or 10 passwords, it might be the path of least resistance. Your Team plan is a big jump from where I am now.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS always the latest version
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:single share account

Comments

• Hi @lewiseisen

From what I understand of your situation, I'd suggest signing up for a 1Password Families account and adding the virtual assistant as a Guest on the account:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

They'll only get access to one vault that you specify (typically the Shared vault that comes with 1Password Families accounts). There's no limit to the number of items you could share with them by copying or moving them to the Shared vault.

1Password for Teams and Business are account types that really cater to multiple "regular" users (as in, not guests), so you're quite right – they might be a bit more than you need right now.

You can get a free trial of 1Password Families here:

1Password — Password Manager for Teams, Businesses, and Families

If you have any questions about 1Password Families, or anything else 1Password-related, I'll be happy to help. :)

— Grey

• lewiseisen
    lewiseisen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Grey...

I did see the Families account...I wasn't sure if that would provide the same functionality, so thanks for clarifying that.

I should point out, though, that moving to that plan involves a 66% increase in my costs. As I start out with the VA service, I will only be giving them 2 or 3 passwords, making that increase a very expensive jump. Eventually the number of passwords I need to share will grow, but only assuming that I stick with the VA service. All this to say that your current pricing structure is acting as a disincentive for me, because it's much more economical to use the competitor's service at this time.

You might want to pass on to your marketing people the fact that my situation is not unique, and that a product more directly suited to handle it would be appreciated.

• @lewiseisen

You're welcome. One way you could stay on an individual account with 1Password would be to share the passwords for items with a link instead:

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

An item can be shared with anyone, whether or not they use 1Password, and it can "live" for as long as 30 days. To give you an idea of what this looks like, I've shared a Secure Note using a link which you can view (for the next 30 days) here:

Example Secure Note

And here's a Login:

Example Login

If you're only sharing a handful of things for the time being, that might be suitable, but have a look through that article above, and let me know what you think.

• lewiseisen
    lewiseisen
    Community Member
    Options

That is perfect! Thank you, Grey.

• @lewiseisen

Any time! :) As and when you think you need something more "concrete", whether that's guests or more users, we'll be able to help you move to Families, Teams, or Business – whatever works best for you. Hope it all works out!

This discussion has been closed.