New laptop, migrated from macOS12 to 13 with 1Password 6.8.9, having issues unlocking the app

Options
agerstein
agerstein
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I was able to migrate the data thanks to DropBox. I am able to unlock the 1password mini application with my password, but I can't do anything in the app - it accepts typing in a password but never goes further than "accepting" it to check - it doesn't seem to check the password or reject it or anything. What's going on? I'm open to migrating to a newer version if that's my only choice, but I want to get my data and ensure that it's working fully before I consider that.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ n/a
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 unlock

Comments

• Hello @agerstein! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble opening 1Password 6. Since 1Password 6 is no longer supported, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our dedicated migration team can help you move all of your items to a 1Password account and then get started with 1Password 8. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• agerstein
    agerstein
    Community Member
    Options

Dave: RPH-77944-918
    Thanks!
    Adam

• @agerstein

Thank you for posting the Support ID! Your ticket is with the right team and one of colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: RPH-77944-918

This discussion has been closed.