Weak password

olwa
olwa
Community Member

Hello,
Under "Password Strength" one of my logins is present under "Weak password". See attached doc.
How could this password be weak?

Regards,
Olav Warberg

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member

That password shows as Fantastic here on 8.9.13.

Does Watchtower flag it as Weak or is it only showing as weak when viewing the login item?

Also, I'd probably change the password now that we all know it :D

• Hi @olwa, thanks for reaching out about this! I'm seeing the same thing as @Powerless - adding that password to an item gives a Fantastic rating.

Could you tell me a little more about how this password was created? For example, did you use the Password Generator in the 1Password desktop app or browser extension, enter it yourself, or import this item from elsewhere? If you create a new test item with this password, does it show as weak in the new item as well? If you change the password for the original item to something else, does the rating improve?

• olwa
    olwa
    Community Member

Hello,
    It's was showing as Weak when I use Watchtower. The password is generated in 1Password. I changed it (of course 😊) to one with similar Characters, and now it's appear as Fantastic.

• Hello @olwa,

I'm happy to hear that after you've changed the password, things are looking Fantastic.

I'm unsure why the old password was appearing as weak, but if you run into troubles with other passwords that are appearing as less than fantastic, you can try following our guide here to, Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords, which can be done in either 1Password in the browser or in the 1Password 8 apps.

If we can be of further help, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.