dbcopeland
dbcopeland
Community Member

Here's my setup:
Windows 10 with a single account login wife and I share
1Password 8 App
1Password Family with separate logins for me an wife
Chrome with 1Password extension

1. Is there a way to switch accounts on the 1Password 8 App? Right now I'm logged in but can't see how my wife can login.
  2. We each have our own Chrome login and the 1Password Chrome extension works well so that in my Chrome it's my 1Password account and in my wife's Chrome it's her 1Password account. Is there a way to use the "link to 1Password App" for BOTH of us? It appears the answer is no since we can't both be logged into the 1Password app.
  3. Is there a way for us BOTH to use Windows Hello login from Chrome if we are sharing a Windows login, but have different 1Password logins (within the same family account)? Again, since this seems to be tied to the 1Password app, and only one of us can be logged into the app at a time, then I can't figure out how to make this work.

Thanks!
-Daniel

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @dbcopeland

The solution to all three of your questions is to use another user account in Windows, one for each of you.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

That way:

1. You each have only your specific 1Password account signed in.
    2. 1Password in the browser will lock and unlock along with the main 1Password app.
    3. Both of you can use Windows Hello to unlock the main 1Password app and 1Password in the browser.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• dbcopeland
    dbcopeland
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I agree that's a good solution, but we aren't going to use separate Windows accounts. That's just not the way we use our shared home computer.

• Hello @dbcopeland,

Thanks for getting back to us. I understand that separate Windows accounts is not the way you'd prefer to use the shared home computer.

As another option, you can disconnect the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app from 1Password in the browser and sign in each account separately to the app and the browser extension:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    1. Under the General heading, disable Integrate with 1Password app.

Then, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar > Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Manage Account > Sign out. Afterwards, you can sign back into the other account with the credentials by selecting the + Sign in to another account button.

With regard to the 1Password 8 for Windows app itself, if you'd both like to use the app, you can follow this guide to, Sign out of 1Password and sign in again with the alternate account credentials.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.