Update password file/folder through itunes on windows

tlokitz
tlokitz
Community Member
On windows 7, i see that you can copy the agile folder FROM the itunes apps filesharing section, but is there away to copy a newer version TO the itunes filesharing section? It appears this may be an itunes limitation related to folders.

I need a way to sync 1password non-wirelessly, or via dropbox. It appears your new usb sync feature is first getting implemented/released on mac. Will it be released on windows at the same time? This feature would solve my problem, assuming you cant do it through itunes.

Thanks,
Troy

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2013
    Good question. Thanks for bringing this up, Troy. As you mention there is an issue in iTunes in which it is not possible to drag a folder into iTunes File Sharing.

The Agile Keychain Format was designed for ease of syncing which is why it is a file bundle rather than a flat file. This means that one tiny change doesn't require the entire data file to be uploaded and downloaded by every other computer or device you are syncing with. Only the small file representing that specific item needs to be synced.

Unfortunately, Windows does not have support for file bundles, so the data shows as a folder instead. This could easily be resolved by Windows supporting file bundles or, more likely, iTunes supporting folder transfer bidirectionally for the iTunes File Sharing feature. That it supports it but only unidirectionally is puzzling.

However, we're certainly not sitting around waiting for Microsoft to improve Windows or Apple to improve iTunes. As soon as I have more to report, I will attempt to report it here.

Thanks for letting us know that you too would appreciate an improvement in this area.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dropbox has always been the only supported method of syncing in 1Password for Windows. [/font]Direct syncing via USB is in the works[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] in OS X, but I don't have any details about its availability in Windows at the moment.[/font]

If there is anything else I can help with in the meantime, please let me know. I would be happy to help.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.