How do I reorder the list of Accounts?

I'm signed into 4 different 1P accounts (work with different orgs). The order of the account changes every time I sign in to a different browser/device. How can I specify the order I want?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:reorder account list

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @moose, could you tell us more about how the order of the account appears and changes on your end? What steps do you take specifically to get there? Where are you looking at to get to that data?

• moose
    moose
    Community Member

In 1P Chrome Extension, click the 1P extension icon, then click the 1P icon in the upper left of the window that pops up. Here you can see the accounts.

In macOS, click "All Accounts"

I'm looking back at it now and the extension now shows the list of the accounts in the same order as 1P for macOS. Which is fine if they stay that way. I'm not sure what dictates that order, it does not appear to be alphabetical.

• moose
    moose
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P I found it happening again! In one of my Chrome profiles it's displaying in the 'wrong' order again.

Same system details as above. I went to a site, clicked the 1P prompt to autofill a new password on a registration page, and then the popup that appeared had a different default account than I usually have.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @moose, sorry for the delay in getting back to you! In a previous reply, you stated that the issue was related to how the accounts are listed in the extension and in the desktop app. However, it sounds like now the issue has to do with where your logins are being saved. Is that correct?

I think the best way to sort through what's happening is to review some screenshots:

In one of my Chrome profiles it's displaying in the 'wrong' order again.

Can you share a screenshot of the wrong order that appears in the extension via Chrome? If the accounts are listed in a different order in the Mac app, please share a screenshot of that as well.

I went to a site, clicked the 1P prompt to autofill a new password on a registration page, and then the popup that appeared had a different default account than I usually have.

Can you reproduce this and send a screenshot of the account where you're unexpectedly asked to save to?

Additionally, I'd like for you to share a screenshot of your extension settings:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Look for General and take a screenshot of that section, like this: https://share.cleanshot.com/QLvS01m4

Please do not include any sensitive info like your passwords in the screenshots. If you don't want to share the requested screenshots in this thread, feel free to send them to us via email.

With your email please include:

If you send us an email, you will receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.